Friday, December 31, 2010

it's raining out right now. all the christmas snow melted away and has left me here. i'm in my room with M. Ward strumming the guitar and freshly brewed hazelnut coffee in my favorite virginian mug.

the end of a year.
a wildly adventurous year.
a year of learning-first in school, then in a garden, then in the world of thailand.
a year of loving good friends and losing others.
a year in which i changed my address as frequently as earth changed seasons.

i've laughed more than i've cried
and come to think of it, i mainly cried for good things
i've loved more than i've lost
which says a great deal because i have lost a lot

and for all these things i am really grateful to the one who gave them . who thought i deserve the world. who laughed, loved, and lost with me. the one who is constantly pulling at my heart strings. the one who i haven't talked to in ages. the one who made it all, loves it all, and is in it all.

peace 2010.

1 comment:

  1. amen to this abby!
    i'm so happy i got to welcome the new year with you!

    ReplyDelete